About the Experience
Enjoy a 1.5 hour of wine tasting experience in a historical cellar in the heart of Montepulciano. With an expert sommelier, you will visit a Montepulciano underground cellar and taste one of the best Tuscan wines in a very exclusive location.
Why you will love
- Join an exclusive Tuscan wine experience in Montepulciano
- Visit an exclusive and ancient wine cellar
- Admire the underground of Montepulciano made by the Etruscan civilization
- Tasting of 4 local wines served with local products
- Discover the particularities of the most important Italian wines
Join us and enjoy a wine tasting experience at a historical cellar in the heart of Montepulciano.
Begin your experience with a sommelier expert that will take you to discover the underground cellar from the XVI Century. It is characterized by vaults, tunnels, and other features from before the 1500s. These are attributed to the Etruscan civilization.
Learn the history and methods of wine production in this historic cellar. This experience will also teach you about the special tradition of high-quality Italian wine production. See a private collection of old wine bottles and get amazed by the Etruscan tomb located in the cellar.
The wine tasting experience includes four local wines that will be paired with Tuscan products and snacks. You will be able to taste four of the best Montepulciano wines, including Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG as well as Rosso di Montepulciano DOCG. These wines are widely known around the world. A professional sommelier will be present to explain in detail the uniqueness of these Italian excellences.
- Winery Tour and Tasting
- Professional Sommelier
- Drinks (wine and water)
- Food (Appetizers and bread)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off
Meeting Point: All details will be informed in the booking confirmation email.
- There is a minimum of three people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- On the booking page, please inform any food allergies or intolerances you might have
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one adult to join the experience
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full;
Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in the event of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
See what other travelers are saying about it