About the Experience
Go behind the scenes and learn how to make the famous pastel de nata in a traditional Portuguese bakery with awards for its delicious pastries. Learn all the details while Chef João teaches you how to make your own custard tarts and tells stories and curiosities about Portuguese sweets.
Why you will love
- Taste traditional pastries from the bakery during the welcome session
- Learn how to make Portuguese custard tarts at a real bakery
- Enjoy three freshly made tarts (or take them home) with a drink of choice
- All cooking levels are welcome
Start the experience with a welcome tasting of small Portuguese pastries prepared in-house. You will learn the history of Pastel de Nata and interesting facts about the family that has run the bakery for generations.
Next, you’ll go inside the kitchen for a hands-on cooking class to make irresistible Portuguese Custard Tarts (aka Pastel de Nata / Egg Tarts), which everybody loves!
You will make the custard tarts from scratch and bake them in the class together with the group. Everyone will get to make at least three tarts by hand – spread the dough with a specific technique, fill in the custard, and bake it.
In the end, you can enjoy your freshly baked Pastel de Nata (or take them home) with a drink of choice that includes ginjinha (sour cherry liqueur), coffee, tea, or juice.
Adults and children are welcome! No previous cooking experience is required!
- All equipment needed for the class
- Your own fresh tarts to eat at the end of the class, take it home, or both
- Pastries tasting from the bakery
- Beverages mentioned
- Additional food and drinks, unless mentioned
Meeting Point: Pastelaria Batalha , Av. José Franco Canas 1, 2655-239 Malveira, Portugal
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The unit where the workshop will take place is in Malveiras, approximately 40km from Lisbon
This activity is promoted under an affiliate program. By proceeding with the booking you will be redirected to the page as per their terms.
More information: Food’n Road – Terms & Policies.