About the Experience
Spend the day in Hungary's southernmost wine region of Villány, known for its Swabian villages, top-notch red wines, traditional cooking, historic cellar, and beautiful vineyards.
Why you will love
- Benefit from the convenience of a round-trip transfer to and from your hotel
- Explore the wine villages of beautiful Villány with an expert guide
- Visit three different wineries from traditional to contemporary styles
- Learn more about Hungarian wines with 6 to 8 tastings at each winery
- Harmonize your tastings with a platter of local cheese or charcuterie
- Enjoy a delicious homemade lunch with regional specialties
Join us to experience Hungarian wines at three top wineries in Villany. Surrounded by beautiful landscapes, you will taste unique wines and meet some of the most talented winemakers from the region.
Villány is a charming village with a strong Swabian influence, evident in its traditional whitewashed cellars, which are still in use. White grapes such as Olaszrizling and Hárslevelű are grown in just one section of the region, Siklós. This full-day Hungarian wine tour in Villány will introduce you to some of Hungary’s most fabulous red wines!
The wineries range from traditional, experimental to modern styles. We’ll visit the production areas, walk around the vineyards, and visit the aging cellars (from 500-year-old ancient hand-carved ones to the ultra-modern ones).
The tour also includes a platter of local cheese or charcuterie with one of the tastings and a traditional lunch, either homemade at the winery or at the winery-owned restaurant, where you can observe how the regional food harmonizes with the wines produced there.
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Visit 3 different wineries with an expert guide
- Tastings 6 to 8 wines at each winery
- Local cheese and charcuterie platter
- Traditional homemade lunch with regional specialties
- Personal consumption
Meeting Point: Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off – Budapest
- The tour runs rain or shine, so please check the weather forecast and come appropriately prepared, we also recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Travel to the wineries takes approximately 2 hours from Budapest
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Bookings can be canceled up to 72 hours before the start of the tour with an 85% refund. Within 72 hours, all reservations are final and cannot be refunded.
No shows are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable. If Taste Hungary has to cancel a tour for any reason, there will be a full refund.
See what other travelers are saying about it
Why book with us
from € 25