About the Experience
Immerse yourself in the food, wine and culture of Venice on a 4-hour walking tour with tastings. Explore the hidden treasures of “La Serenissima” at sights such as the Rialto Bridge. Stop to sample the gastronomic delights of the Veneto.
Why you will love
- See the major sights of Venice, along with some hidden attractions
- Taste traditional Venetian specialties at different eateries
- Meet local producers, innkeepers and food artisans
- Go to the former home of Marco Polo and discover the haunts of Casanova
- Watch locals shop for farm fresh produce at the Rialto market
- Visit an 18th-century osteria famous for its small snacks typical to Venice
- Get tips on what to see and do from your enthusiastic guide
- Eat enough for a substantial lunch!
Enjoy an intimate, half-day food and culture tour of Venice, and see the major sights of “La Serenissima,” as well as some hidden treasures along the way. Visit osterias, trattorias, pastry shops and wine bars to sample the typical fare of the Veneto. Meet your guide close to the Rialto Bridge, and stroll through a market overflowing with fish, fruit and vegetables of every shape and color. Cross the Rialto Bridge to an interesting 18th-century osteria famous for its cicchetti (tapas-like snacks unique to Venice).
Drink a toast of regional wines and prosecco, and savor bite-sized morsels bursting with regional flavors. Continue to the Campo San Bartolomeo to see Marco Polo’s house and the haunts of Casanova. Pass beautiful churches and hear wonderful trivia, such as the origins of the Bellini cocktail. Go to the Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo to enjoy an authentic tiramisu with coffee, and experience a Venetian specialty where the Italian coffee culture was born. As you search for olives, pillows of polenta, and mouthwateringly marinated seafood, your guide will provide suggestions on excursions for the rest of your time in Venice.
Come with an appetite, as this food tour is a meal in itself!
- English-speaking guide
- 6 stops at traditional quality eateries
Meeting Point: Morning tour at 10:50 Meet your guide outside the Church of San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo San Giacomo, 1, 30125 Venezia. Please arrive at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the activity starts
This activity is promoted under an affiliate program. By proceeding with the booking you will be redirected to the page as per their terms.
More information: Food’n Road – Terms & Policies.
Why book with us
Private or Shared
San Sebastián, Spain
from € 207
San Sebastián, Spain
from € 260