About the Experience
Spend an afternoon exploring the prestigious wine region of Saint-Emilion on a tour of the village in the right bank of the Dordogne River. Visit 2 châteaux, including a beautiful, family-run wine estate, tour a wine cellar and a traditional Vat Room.
Why you will love
- Visit 2 beautiful châteaux on the right bank of the Dordogne River
- Taste 4 quality wines of Saint-Emilion
- Learn about the wine-making process at a tasting class
- Enjoy a delicious aperitif served with traditional French produce
- Explore the medieval village of Saint-Emilion
Take a scenic drive to the beautiful wine region of Saint-Emilion, departing from Bordeaux at 13h45, visit a charming family-run wine estate on the right bank of the Dordogne River. Experience the intimacy of the private chateau as you tour the traditional vat room and cellar. Then, learn the steps of proper wine tasting at a tasting class. Train your nose to identify wine aromas before enjoying some fine wines.
Next, go to a “Great Classified Growth” (Grand Cru) wine estate overlooking the picturesque Saint-Emilion vineyards. Get explanations about the wine-making process and journey from the vine to the bottle. Reward yourself with an aperitif served with some quality fresh bread and cheese. Then, take a guided tour of the medieval village of Saint-Emilion in the early evening, and discover why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Bordeaux for a drop off at the end of the tour services.
- Entrance fees to 2 châteaux
- 4 wine tastings
- Transportation by minivan
- French appetizer platter
- Tips and gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meeting Point: In front of the Girondins Column statue in Quinconces Square, 2792 Place des Quinconces, 33000 Bordeaux, France
- The tour may be canceled if there is only 1 participant. It is legally required that a minimum of two people take part in order to operate the tour. A full refund will be given in this instance.
This activity is promoted under an affiliate program. By proceeding with the booking you will be redirected to the page as per their terms.
More information: Food’n Road – Terms & Policies.
Why book with us
Private or Shared
San Sebastián, Spain
from € 207
San Sebastián, Spain
from € 260