About the Experience
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so let's start your day the right way! This petiscos (appetizers, snacks) brunch and market tour will allow you to experience the early morning atmosphere of the city. Enjoy a morning like a Porto native and enjoy the best of local food along the way!
This food tour in Porto is designed to show you how locals interact with each other through food. Each stop on our tour will allow you to taste a different aspect of Porto's cuisine. Learn about the history and families behind the cafes, grocery stores, and restaurants you visit.
Why you will love
- The most fun and complete petiscos brunch
- A perfect combination of sweet and salty food for the whole family
- An expert guide and local places that allow you to taste authentic food
- There are about 10 to 12 petiscos servings and drinks pairing
- A lot of information about Portuguese cuisine, history, culture, and lifestyle
- You will take less than 10 minutes from one stop to the next to ensure a relaxed and laid-back experience on this three-hour walking tour
- Food Lover Tour® aims to offer more sustainable meals and locally grown products in collaboration with local suppliers
Our brunch tour will take you to the Bolhao neighborhood’s most authentic treasures. You’ll be able to weave in and out with locals shopping, as well as learn about their daily traditions and customs. You’ll be able to live like a local and understand what it means to eat petiscos by the end of this adventure.
We start our brunch tour right at the peak hour for many cafes. Then we have a local breakfast and continue our adventure by passing by a bakery that makes homemade cakes to try the famous pastel de nata.
We believe that every good food tour should include a stop at a local market, so that’s where we head for our third stop. We have selected the best and most traditional local markets to continue our journey and show you the best products from the region.
At our fourth stop, you will find an antique grocery shop from the 1900s filled with local specialty foods. You will be amazed by the smells and flavors of this store! Presunto (Portuguese Ham), delicious local cheeses, olives, and our unique Green Wine are some of the tasty treats you can enjoy during the petiscos brunch.
After four different experiences, we finish our morning in one of the most sought-after restaurants in the region. The bifana sandwich of Porto and Portuguese beer is a local favorite. Here you will also find out why Porto’s residents are known as the “Tripeiros.”
- About 10 to 12 servings and drinks pairing
- Expert guide
- Transfer from/to hotel
Meeting Point: Avenida dos Aliados 151 (Outside the Monumental Café)
- There is a minimum of four people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- To adapt the tour for diet restrictions, please inform during the booking process
- The Tour runs in rain or shine
- Additional orders must be paid separately
- Private tours are available for this experience. Please see the option during the booking process
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
- Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
- Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it