About the Experience
Our expert guide will take you on a culinary journey among Parma's most famous food stores and boutiques. You will learn about local traditions, lifestyles, and valuable tips on how to explore and taste the best delicacies of the city.
Why you will love
- Private guide
- Fusion of gastronomy, art, and lifestyle
- Full tasting lunch in a very special hidden gem
Between an ancient cellar brimming with Parmigiani and Prosciutti and a peaceful incursion into the guide’s preferred deli to grab some Tortelli or Anolini for the day, you will also hear about the historical and artistic heritage of the petite Versailles.
Indeed, with its 1.000-year-old ensemble of Cathedral and Baptistery, its gracious Renaissance frescoes on the domes, the stunning wooden architecture of Teatro Farnese, and the neoclassic Teatro Regio wrapped in the unmistakable yellow nuance called Giallo Parma. The town is a miniature summary of all the eras and styles that have shaped Italy throughout its history.
What if, at the end of the tour, you get to enjoy the secret cellars of a 16th-century palace with a typical tasting lunch served on a very, very special table? No more spoilers…See you there!
- Private licensed expert guide
- Tastings of Parmigiano, Prosciutto and/or other cured meats (with breadsticks and focaccia)
- 1 type of fresh pasta (tortelli di Parma / anolini in broth) or alternative food available at the moment
- 2 glasses of top-quality sparkling wine (a rosé/white and a red)
- Typical cake (ingredients: butter, eggs, sugar, nuts)
- Entry tickets to monuments (on request, to be paid directly to the guide)
- Personal consumption
Meeting Point: In front of the Tourist Office;Pick up from your hotel/train station (if car + driver selected)
- Pick-ups: If you choose the car+driver option the price is calculated considering a pickup from Parma or immediate surroundings (max 15 Km)
- Drivers: The drivers are not driver-guides
- Tastings: if fresh pasta tasting is not available, we'll replace it with a double portion of parmigiano and prosciutto dish or any other typical food available at the moment (e.g., panino with artichokes & cheese, pizza, arancino, etc.)
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
No fee for cancellations up to 8 days before the tour;
From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty;
48 hours' notice: 70% penalty;
24 hours' notice: 100% penalty.
See what other travelers are saying about it