Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
Malaysian cuisine is a complex beast. Thankfully, you can hit the street food tour scene with confidence, by joining this daily 4-hour chef-led food feast. Limited to 8 guests, you’ll be led away from the tourist crowds to some of Kuala Lumpur’s best joints, known only to locals.
Along the way, you’ll dive into one of the city’s best wet markets to discover the products and ingredients which go into Malaysian dishes, before tasting between 13 and 14 different dishes and snacks. As well as fine examples of classics such as rendang, nasi lemak and flame-grilled chicken skewers with rich peanut satay, your chef/guide will steer you towards some of KL’s lesser known delights like cooling cendol durian, banana-leaf grilled mackerel with sambal and nasi kerabu, a blue rice dish spiked with blue pea flowers.
If you’re looking to truly get to the heart of the city’s cuisine, there’s no better way than on this chef-led culinary adventure. Escape the tourist traps and get your taste buds ready for the ride. You won’t regret it.
Why you will love it
- Take a food tour led by an experienced Malaysian foodie
- Taste between 13 and 14 Malaysian dishes and snacks
- Learn about Malaysian eating culture and history
- Tour one of the best wet-markets in the city
- Get away from the tourist crowds to local eateries
What to Expect
- All foods and drinks
- Chef and guide
- Small-group tour limited to 8 guests per evening
- Walk and talk through one of Kuala Lumpur’s best wet markets