About the Experience
Full of stories and traditions, the Douro Valley Wine Region, known as the Enchanted Valley, has a unique beauty in the world. Enjoy its landscapes and viewpoints, delight yourself with the rich gastronomy and variety of wines and accompany us on a boat ride through the calm waters of the Douro River.
Why you will love
- Benefit from the convenience of a round-trip transfer to and from your hotel
- Be amazed by the landscapes of the world's oldest demarcated wine region and World Heritage Site
- Discover at the source how the famous Port wine and table wines are made with a visit to the wineries
- Taste wines, olive oil, and honey
- Relax on a Rabelo boat ride
- Have lunch in a typical restaurant in the region
The carefully selected wineries take you on a journey to the past, where the famous Port wine is produced in an artisanal and traditional way without leaving aside the roots of its people. Learn more about the entire wine production process with your expert guide and do a tasting with port wines. Since the region is not only made of wine, we will also taste olive oil and honey.
This tour also includes a ride on typical Porto Rabelo boats where we will sail on the calm waters of the Douro River while you relax before lunch served in a typical restaurant in the village of Pinhão.
After lunch, visit the winery of a small producer. Learn about the differences between premium wines and the techniques used to produce them. To finish, end the visit with a tasting of olive oils made by the same producer.
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Visit Port Wine Winery
- Visit Table Wine Winery
- Wine, Olive Oil, and Honey Tasting
- Rabelo Boat ride (1 Hour)
- Lunch in Typical Restaurant
- Visit the viewpoint of Casal de Loivos
- Wi-Fi Internet on board
- Bottled mineral water
- Gratuities and Personal Expenses
Meeting Point: Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off – Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia
- Child seats are available upon request at the time of reservation
- Children up to 4 years old are free of charge
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it