About the Experience
Admire all the beauty of the Douro Valley on a day tour departing from Porto. Taste excellent wines at two wineries, learn about wine production, and finish the day with an (optional) cruise in the heart of the Douro River.
Why you will love
- Benefit from the convenience of a round-trip transfer to and from your hotel
- Visit two wineries and taste eight different wines, including Port and DOC Douro wines
- Learn about the culture and winemaking process of the Douro Valley
- Enjoy a typical Portuguese lunch with Douro wine
- One-hour river cruise in the heart of the Douro Valley
The tour departs from Porto to the Douro Valley, a gift of nature with stunning scenery, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2001. In the city of Peso da Régua, visit a Port Wine winery and learn about the production of the different types of wine while walking through the vineyards. Enjoy a tasting of various styles of wine at the end of the visit. Climb with us to a viewpoint in the Douro Valley and enjoy a panoramic view of this unique landscape, sculpted over thousands of years.
Next, we visit the village of Pinhão. We will pause for lunch in a typical local restaurant, where we taste the wines and other regional flavors. In Pinhão, we also visit the local train station to appreciate the 24 handmade Portuguese tile panels with unique paintings of this magnificent region.
To finish, enjoy 1-hour panoramic cruise along the Douro as you glimpse the rugged slopes of this stunning region.
Join us on this unforgettable journey!
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off - Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia
- Private Transportation
- Professional Guide
- Panoramic Tour
- Guided Tours to two Port Wine Cellars
- Wine Tasting
- Bottled Water
Meeting Point: Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off – Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia
- Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Dishes (a previous contact is required to request and schedule with the restaurant)
- During the summer, the temperature in the Douro Valley can reach 40 degrees Celsius, while in winter, it can get quite cold, dropping to -5 degrees Celsius. It is recommended to wear light clothes in summer and warm sweaters in winter
- Children under 4 years of age are free of charge
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full;
Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in the event of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
See what other travelers are saying about it