Hungarian Wines, Cheese, and Charcuterie Tasting
Hungary • Budapest
2 – 8 people
About the Experience
A wine tasting experience guided by a professional sommelier featuring five fine Hungarian wines paired with some of the country's best artisan cheese and charcuterie.
Why you will love
- Taste five Hungarian wines, including the legendary Tokaji aszú
- Enjoy local cheese and charcuterie
- Taste delicious bread and artisan oils
- Get all the knowledge and tips from a professional sommelier
There’s nothing better than combining a good bottle of wine with delicious cheeses.
This informative tasting experience features five top-notch Hungarian wines paired with a selection of Hungary’s best artisan cheese and charcuterie. This experience will introduce you to the increasingly wonderful world of Hungarian wine.
The tasting led by a sommelier features a careful selection of five outstanding Hungarian wines that will provide you with an overview of Hungarian wine. It will cover their history, the most important wine regions, the important varietals, unique characteristics, styles, and the latest trends.
The last wine on the list will be a glass of sweet Tokaj aszu wine, one of the world’s greatest sweet wines and an essential part of Hungary’s wine story).
We love focusing on native Hungarian grape varietals and unique local styles, so you may taste wines that you’ve never heard of (and may not easily find elsewhere). Our cheese and charcuterie board is a perfect complement to the wine selection, and we are proud to source our cheese and charcuterie directly from the producers.
You’ll taste delicacies such as:
– Mangalica pork sausages
– Free-range water buffalo salami
– Smoked duck breast
– Grey beef sausage
– Various styles of cheese
Join us, and become an expert in Hungarian wine (as well as cheese and charcuterie)!
- 5 top-quality Hungarian wines (including the legendary Tokaji aszú)
- Cheese & charcuterie tasting
- Traditional Hungarian soda water
- Bread and artisan oils
- Tasting sheets for wine tasting notes with a map of Hungarian wine regions
- Personal consumption
Meeting Point: Tasting Table Budapest, Bródy Sándor utca 9, 1088 Budapest (District VIII)
Vegetarian option available upon request
Not suitable for wheelchair users
- The tour runs rain or shine, so please check the weather forecast and come appropriately prepared, we also recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Bookings can be canceled up to 72 hours before the start of the tour with an 85% refund. Within 72 hours, all reservations are final and cannot be refunded.
No shows are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable. If Taste Hungary has to cancel a tour for any reason, there will be a full refund.
See what other travelers are saying about it
Why book with us
Visit award-winning businesses with outstanding reviews.
Guided by a specialist in the destination.
Be a part of the local culture and gastronomy.
Experiences that value regional products.