Street Food and Old Taverns Tour in Lima’s Historic Center
- Lima, Peru
About the Experience
You are invited to join us for a 4-hour street food tour in Lima Historic Center. Meet your guide and other foodies at the Gran Hotel Bolivar in Plaza San Martin. Then, head to Lima’s Chinatown followed by the largest market in the city.
During this food tour, you will have the chance to taste popular on-the-go delicacies loved by locals. You’ll also learn about Peru’s history and interesting facts around Peru’s local – informal – economy and daily life.
In the historic center, you will see Lima’s most iconic architectural gems from Spanish and Moorish heritage. This is a great opportunity to experience and be immersed in a joyful local experience. We designed this tour to make you feel like a true limeña!
Some of the food you will taste include:
- Pan con chicharrón, a sandwich filled with a typical Peruvian fried pork belly, paired with fried sweet potato, onions, and “limo” chili peppers;
- A variety of fruits, depending on the season you will taste chirimoya, tuna, granadilla, aguaymanto, and more;
- Peruvian cheeses – Paria, Mantecoso, Fresco, Chincha accompanied with Peruvian olives;
- Chinese bite – to choose between a Siu Mai and a Min Pao filled with pork or chicken;
- Arroz chaufa – the most famous chifa dish, fried rice with vegetables, egg, chicken, and soy sauce;
- Inca Kola, the famous Peruvian soda that Coca Cola could never surpass;
- Churro – Spanish heritage! A sweet pastry filled with dulce de leche (caramelized condensed milk);
- Causa rellena de pollo – mashed yellow potatoes seasoned with lime and ají, and filled with chicken and veggies;
- Chicha morada, a natural drink made of purple corn;
- Anticuchos – grilled beef’ hearts skewers marinated in ají panca, garlic, cumin, and vinegar and cooked over flames. Usually served with rachi, pancita (tripe), corn, and potato;
- Picarones – known as the Peruvian donuts, deep-fried sweet potato and pumpkin dough.
- Emoliente – prepared with various herbs, traditionally taken for medical purposes but has become a popular drink for the evening.
Why you will love
- You will try authentic Foods from Peru accompanied by a local expert
- Learn more about the historical and cultural facts hidden behind each dish
- Taste up to 10 different Peruvian flavors that include traditional dishes, snacks, fruits, and drinks
- 9 Peruvian savors among traditional dishes, snacks, and local fruits
- 3 popular Peruvian drinks
- Expert guide on Peru gastronomy
- Overview of Peru and Lima history
- Sighting of Lima Historic Center's main attractions
- Guidance and tips to help you plan the rest of your trip in Peru
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local 18% VAT, which can be exonerated for international visitors. More information on how to apply for tax exemption on the booking confirmation email
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- For other languages, please see the Private Tours
- Please advise any specific dietary restrictions during booking. Unfortunately, the tour cannot be adapted to a vegan diet
- The menu might slightly change depending on seasonality and product availability
Meeting Point: Gran Hotel Bolívar – Jirón de la Unión 958, Cercado de Lima, in Plaza San Martín
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund minus cancelation fee of USD 20 per participant;
Cancellation notice between 48 and 24 hours in advance, no refund, but you will have the option to reschedule the tour at an available date or use the amount paid as a credit to book another tour;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it
- Secure Payment
Why book with us
Wine Tour | Shared
Bento Gonçalves, Brazil
from R$ 5.950
Food Tour | Private, Shared
from US$ 87