Lisbon Market, Food and Cultural Walk
- Lisbon, Portugal
About the Experience
It’s at the end of tram line #28 that you will start a new journey. A food tour through the neighborhood reference in local cuisine, Campo de Ourique! Filled with restaurants and cafes, where residents enjoy a quieter life among squares and streets with many small shops, Campo de Ourique is a 19th-century neighborhood that has always been a pioneer of new concepts and lifestyles. Famous over the years for attracting poets, artists, gastronomes, and chefs who reinvented traditional spaces with relaxed and experimental professional gastronomy.
Along the tour, we will visit renovated spaces such as the local market, a small café owned by a great gastronome with the Best Chocolate Cake in the World, a restaurant specializing in mussels, the cafeteria of the House-Museum of our greatest 20th Century Portuguese poet Fernando Pessoa, and an emblematic local pastry shop, to taste the culinary specialties of this neighborhood as you learn about its history and interact with its residents.
We recommend doing this food tour at the beginning of your stay in Lisbon: this way, you will have all the information and confidence to continue exploring the city with more insights and, at the same time, get the best tips for your next meals during your stay in Lisbon.
In short, a food tour is the best way to get to know the secrets of Lisbon, places, and foods that only a local expert can tell you.
Join us with a slightly hungry stomach — six modern and creative tasting stops are waiting for you.
Why you will love
- Discover the flavors of Lisbon with a local expert
- Learn the stories behind Portuguese cuisine
- Visit 6 establishments with a total of 11 tastings
- Take advantage of your local guide's tips for your next meals
- Guided tour with a local expert
- 6 stops with 11 tastings, including wine and spirits
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Portuguese Language only for Private Tour
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes early for the tour to depart on time
- The tours will run rain or shine
- For the tour to happen, we need at least two people per tour. If this number is not reached, you will be informed 48 hours in advance and get 100% of the tour price refunded
Meeting Point: Santo Condestável church
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
For group tours:
Full refund - up to 48 hours prior notice;
50% refund - up to 24 hours prior notice;
No refund with prior notice in less than 24 hours in advance.
For private tours:
Full refund - up to 3-weeks prior notice;
50% refund - up to 1-week prior notice;
No refund with prior notice in less than 1-week in advance.
In any case, the client who does not show up without prior notice will be charged the total price.
See what other travelers are saying about it
- Secure Payment
Why book with us
Wine Tour | Shared
Bento Gonçalves, Brazil
from R$ 5.950
Food Tour | Private, Shared
from US$ 68
Food Tour | Private, Shared
from US$ 87