About the Experience
Experience Hungary’s increasingly fabulous wines on a sommelier-guided tasting of eight fine wines paired with a selection of local delicacies.
Why you will love
- Taste eight unique Hungarian wines mostly from small producers, including the legendary Tokaji aszú
- Get all the knowledge and tips from a professional sommelier
- Enjoy local cheeses, charcuterie, and specialties
This tasting gives you a good knowledge about the amazing wines from Hungary. A country with more than 100 native grape varieties, 22 wine regions, and many names that are hard to comprehend.
Featuring a selection of eight outstanding wines, this sommelier-guided tasting distills the wide range of Hungarian wines into a comprehensible story, which we hope is only the beginning of your Hungarian wine journey! Over two hours, you’ll get a good overview of local wines, including their background, history, major wine regions, the important varietals, unique characteristics, and styles.
We purchase our wines directly from the producers, and each wine you sample during the program was selected for a specific reason. At the end of the course, you’ll be well-informed about Hungary’s role in the international wine scene.
This tasting experience is designed for anyone interested in wine and wants to learn more about the relatively unknown Hungarian wines. The last wine will be a glass of sweet Tokaj aszú wine, one of the world’s most famous sweet wines and an essential part of Hungary’s wine culture. A selection of local foods accompanies this tasting.
- 8 top-quality Hungarian wines (including the legendary Tokaji aszú)
- Cheese & charcuterie pairing
- Traditional Hungarian soda water
- Tasting sheets for wine tasting notes with a map of Hungarian wine regions
- Personal consumption
Meeting Point: Tasting Table Budapest, Bródy Sándor utca 9, 1088 Budapest (District VIII)
- The tour runs rain or shine, so please check the weather forecast and come appropriately prepared, we also recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Bookings can be canceled up to 72 hours before the start of the tour with an 85% refund. Within 72 hours, all reservations are final and cannot be refunded.
No shows are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable. If Taste Hungary has to cancel a tour for any reason, there will be a full refund.
See what other travelers are saying about it