About the Experience
Green is the color that stands out the most in the vast landscape that runs between the Douro and Minho rivers. Classified as one of the largest demarcated wine regions in Europe, its terroir has the perfect conditions for cultivating several native grape varieties of the Portuguese Green Wine, among them the famous Alvarinho grape.
Why you will love
- Benefit from the convenience of a round-trip transfer to and from your hotel
- Be amazed by the green landscapes of the largest demarcated wine region in Portugal
- Enjoy the rich gastronomy that defines the north of Portugal
- Discover the different green wines and grape varieties that make them so refreshing and unique in the world
- Visit the Center for Interpretation of Vinho Verde and the Arnado Thematic Park
- Meet the artisans and learn the story behind the Barcelos rooster
The tour starts with discovering wine cultivation and transformation techniques in one of Portugal’s oldest and most flowery villages: Ponte de Lima.
Through a full lunch served in a restaurant, you will discover the origin of the flavors that make up the best gastronomy of the famous Minho region.
In the land of the legendary Barcelos rooster, we will visit the local artisans where you can put your hands in the clay and experience how the “Barcelos porcelain” is made.
Before returning to Porto, we will visit a green wine producer to taste different types of green wines accompanied by delicacies from the region.
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Visit a Green Wine Winery
- Wine Tasting and local delicacies
- Visit the Center of Interpretation of Vinho Verde
- Thematic Park of Arnado
- Lunch at Typical Restaurant
- Visit the Oleiros (Pottery Workshop) in Barcelos
- Interpreter Guide
- Wi-Fi Internet on board
- Bottled mineral water
- Gratuities and Personal Expenses
Meeting Point: Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off – Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia
- This tour will run rain or shine
- Children up to 4 years old are free of charge
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it