About the Experience
Enjoy this culinary adventure that will delight your senses with Porto's finest petiscos and wines.
This is a great way to discover the local cuisine and take in the beauty of our city without being too touristy. Let's go out and enjoy the petiscos and wine just like the locals!
Petiscos is derived from the verb petiscar, which means to taste and eat small meals such as appetizers and snacks. These are best shared with friends. We invite you to taste the best Porto petiscos and wine.
This walking, eating, and drinking tour will teach you about Portugal's rich history and food. Each stop leads to a different piece of the puzzle that makes Portugal.
Our itinerary allows you to see the city from a different perspective. We will take you to five traditional places, and we'll enjoy the specialties and wines of each one in a unique gastronomic adventure.
Enjoy this foodie adventure with the best Porto petiscos, wine, and more!
Why you will love
- The most fun and complete petiscos-tasting adventure
- A perfect combination of sweet and salty food for all ages
- An expert guide and local places that allow you to taste authentic food
- There are about 12 to 14 servings and drinks pairing per person
- A wealth of information about Portuguese food and history
- You will take less than 10 minutes from one stop to the next to ensure a relaxed and laid-back experience on this three-hour walking tour
- Food Lover Tour® aims to offer more sustainable meals and locally grown products in collaboration with local suppliers
Local wine lovers are very familiar with our first stop, an authentic bodega well known for its great Porto wines. We begin our tour with a wine tasting and introduction to Porto wines, where you will learn the basics of Porto fortified wine.
At the next stop, you will feel like you have stepped back in the past. We go to Tasco, an old tavern that retains its charm and allows you to eat like a local. We try local delights, including hot and cold snacks. We explain our cultural approach to eating and draw you in with its charming atmosphere.
Next, we continue to enjoy good petiscos, wine from Porto and discover the famous Vinho Verde (green wine). Also, an explanation of different wine regions in Portugal is provided at our third stop. The owner of the wine bar is passionate about serving quality local food. He allows us to enjoy regional specialties such as fresh olives, cheeses, and other local products. This makes it easy to appreciate a great glass of wine.
For the fourth stop, we will go to a typical petiscos Tavern with Portuguese specialties. It’s located on one of the most famous gastronomic streets in the city. If you love traditional cuisine, this stop is a delight!
Although the last stop depends on the day and season, you will surely end up in a beautiful place and with a delicious sweet.
These five stops will fully immerse and transport you to the world of Porto’s appetizers and wine. Bom Apetite!
- About 12 to 14 servings and drinks pairing
- Expert guide
- Transfer from/to hotel
Meeting Point: Carlos Alberto Square in front of the Central statue Monumento aos Mortos da Grande Guerra
- There is a minimum of four people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- To adapt the tour for diet restrictions, please inform during the booking process
- The Tour runs in rain or shine
- Additional orders must be paid separately
- Private tours are available for this experience. Please see the option during the booking process
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
- Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
- Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it