About the Experience
Taking a food tour is a great way to explore a city's culture and cuisine. This walking food tour in Lima will allow you to sample more than 15 Peruvian dishes and beverages in one of Lima's most beautiful, artistic, and bohemian neighborhoods called Barranco.
This 4-hour walking food tour will take you through the history and culture behind every dish. You will interact with our local hosts while tasting and learning about famous Peruvian foods such as ceviche and pisco sour, in addition to witnessing the preparation of lomo saltado from inside the kitchen of a restaurant that opened its doors in 1937.
Join us and be amazed by the foods of Peru!
Why you will love
- You will try authentic Foods from Peru accompanied by a local expert
- Learn more about the historical and cultural facts hidden behind each dish
- Taste up to 15 different Peruvian flavors
- Take part in an interactive workshop about fairtrade and locally produced chocolate
This 4-hour Lima food tour will allow you to discover the beautiful neighborhood of Barranco. Your guide will take you to a variety of huariques (small restaurants) filled with locals and owned by passionate local foodie entrepreneurs.
We will make several stops carefully selected for you to try up to 15 different flavors, including traditional Peruvian dishes, fruits, and drinks. You will learn how everything is prepared, plus the story behind each dish (there are many!).
Finally, you will have privileged access to one of Barranco’s oldest kitchens to see how ceviche and pisco sour are prepared right in front of you!
Some of the food you will taste include:
Avocado toast accompanied with Paria cheese and Maras pink salt;
Lúcuma fruit juice (native fruit from Peru);
A variety of fruits, depending on the season you will taste chirimoya, tuna, granadilla, aguaymanto, and more;
Peruvian coffee from Junín region brewed with V60;
Causa limeña – mashed yellow potatoes seasoned with lime and ají, and filled with tuna and avocado;
Ceviche, Peru’s most famous dish made with fresh raw fish cured in lime and spiced with ají;
Chicha morada, a natural drink made of purple corn;
Lomo saltado, sauteed beef tenderloin, a dish of Cantonese legacy;
Inca Kola, the famous Peruvian soda that Coca Cola could never surpass;
Pisco sour, Peru’s most famous cocktail, made of pisco, lime, egg white, and syrup;
Homemade ice cream with Peruvian flavors…There’s always room left for dessert, right?
- Tasting of 10 Peruvian savors among traditional dishes and local fruits
- 5 popular drinks
- Expert guide on Peru gastronomy
- Overview of Peru and Lima history
- Sighting of Barranco's main attractions
- An e-book containing the main recipes you will be tasting during the experience
- Guidance and tips to help you plan the rest of your trip in Peru
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local 18% VAT, which can be exonerated for international visitors. More information on how to apply for tax exemption on the booking confirmation email
Meeting Point: Plaza San Francisco, Pl. San Francisco, Barranco 15063, Peru
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- For other languages, please see the Private Tours
- We can adapt the menu for vegetarians & vegans. Please advise any specific dietary restrictions during booking
- The menu might slightly change depending on seasonality and product availability
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund minus cancelation fee of USD 20 per participant;
Cancellation notice between 48 and 24 hours in advance, no refund, but you will have the option to reschedule the tour at an available date or use the amount paid as a credit to book another tour;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it