About the Experience
Madrilenos love to enjoy traditional dishes and products from their hometown. We want you to feel like a local on this Madrid walking food tour. You will experience picoteo, the timeless and authentic art of tapas sampling and bar-crawling. Picoteo is derived from the verb picar. It refers to eating small bites served on several plates. You can also call it tapeo or a tapas crawl.
Join us on this cultural and gastronomic tour in our lovely city of Madrid. We go where the locals go!
Why you will love
- A complete tour with 5 stops for tapas that includes 10-12 individual servings paired with drinks
- The tour takes place at Chamberí neighborhood
- An expert guide and local places that allow you to taste authentic food
- A lot of information about Spanish cuisine, history, culture, and lifestyle
- Walking tour with less than 5 minutes between each stop
- Food Lover Tour® aims to offer more sustainable meals and locally grown products in collaboration with local suppliers
We take you on a three-hour evening food tour around Madrid’s most famous neighborhoods. The culinary adventure begins at a traditional bodega that serves delicious Spanish tapas. It is a long-standing local favorite.
For the next three stops, we will be sampling delicious Madrid-inspired meats and fish, as well as cold draft beer and local wine.
Our Madrid food tour ends at a traditional Spanish restaurant that serves north-Spanish cuisine. It’s a family-owned gem that specializes in Galician-style tapas. Here you can enjoy unique dishes and delicious desserts for an authentic gastronomic experience.
- 5 stops for tapas tasting that consist of 10-12 individual dishes plus drinks
- One drink at each stop, ranging from refreshing draft beer, excellent wines, and vermouth to non-alcoholic beverages
- Expert guide
- Transfer from/to hotel
Meeting Point: Metro Alonso Cano – Line 7 (elevator exit, outside) Calle José Abascal, 18
- There is a minimum of four people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- The Tour runs in rain or shine
- Additional orders must be paid separately
- Private tours are available for this experience. Please see the option during the booking process
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
- Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
- Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it