About the Experience
Discover the culinary secrets of Madeira Island through a Food and Cultural Tour in the famous city of Funchal. You will have a range of discoveries in front of you with many flavors, culture, and history.
Why you will love
- Experience Funchal's culture and gastronomy like a local
- 7 stops with many tastings and drinks included
- You will cover about 3km in 4 hours with lots of history and food
- Personal insurance included
Savor your way through this walking tour of Madeira’s gastronomy and culture. For being in a central and easily accessible area of the city, this tour happens on foot with a professional guide that will show you the Funchal of the Madeirans. You will get to know the local culture, restaurants most frequented by the locals, stories behind the local dishes, everything while tasting traditional snacks such as queijadas, honey cake, meats and fish, artisan bread, Madeira wine, natural juice with seasonal fruits, and much more.
This tour is for any age group and takes place in a relaxed manner.
There is also the possibility of sitting at most of the locations.
- 7 stops with tastings and drinks included
- Vegetarian and non-alcoholic options
- Special menus for children
Meeting Point: – Morning Tour: In front of João Gonçalves Zarco statue, located at Zarco avenue, opposite the Sé Cathedral.- Afternoon Tour: In front of the cable car station located in the historic center, in Avenida do Mar.
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this activity to happen. In the unlikely event of not reaching this minimum, you will get notified for rescheduling or refunding
- Tickets have to be purchased until 18:00h on the previous day
- This tour involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. There are no hills but a few steps
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full;
Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in the event of operator cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
See what other travelers are saying about it