About the Experience
Create a deeper connection with Lisbon on a tour that explores the relationship between history, food, and culture. Ideal for first-time visitors, this food tour offers the chance to sample 16 different types of Portuguese food and drink - many of which are not easy to discover on your own.
Why you will love
- Discover the flavors and secrets of Lisbon with a local expert
- Explore traditional regions off the beaten tourist track
- Have an immersive experience that connects history, food, and culture
- Learn the stories behind Portuguese cuisine
- Visit 6 establishments with a total of 16 tastings
- Take advantage of your local guide's tips for your next meals
In the Lisbon Roots, Food & Cultural Walk tour, you will stroll through areas totally off the beaten tourist track so that you can have a unique, immersive, and authentic experience of fascinating Lisbon. It is a unique opportunity to get to know places that have not yet entered the tourist routes and are frequented mainly by locals and Lisboetas. Among friends, we will talk about the origins of Fado, the history, architecture, and culture of the city, while interacting with the people behind the six specialty stores, taverns, and local restaurants that we’ll visit to taste the delicious snacks and dishes characteristic of Portuguese gastronomy.
Let’s get to know the secrets and places that only the Lisboetas know, where to eat and what to choose, right in the city center and away from the tourist bustle.
During the tour of about 3.5 hours, in a small group, we will discover and enjoy much of what downtown Lisbon has to offer.
We recommend doing this food tour at the beginning of your stay in Lisbon: this way, you will have all the information and confidence to continue exploring the city with more insights and, at the same time, get the best tips for your next meals during your stay in Lisbon.
In short, a food tour is the best way to get to know the secrets of Lisbon, places, and foods that only a local expert can tell you.
Join us with a slightly hungry stomach — six modern and creative tasting stops are waiting for you.
- Guided tour with a local expert
- 6 stops with 16 tastings, including wine and spirits
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Meeting Point: Largo de São Domingos (near Rossio). The guide will be waiting on the side of the Star of David located in the middle of this square.
- Portuguese Language only for Private Tour
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes early for the tour to depart on time
- The tours will run rain or shine
- For the tour to happen, we need at least two people per tour. If this number is not reached, you will be informed 48 hours in advance and get 100% of the tour price refunded
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
For group tours:
Full refund - up to 48 hours prior notice;
50% refund - up to 24 hours prior notice;
No refund with prior notice in less than 24 hours in advance.
For private tours:
Full refund - up to 3-weeks prior notice;
50% refund - up to 1-week prior notice;
No refund with prior notice in less than 1-week in advance.
In any case, the client who does not show up without prior notice will be charged the total price.
See what other travelers are saying about it