About the Experience
A full culinary immersion from the hills to the lowlands of Parma. Learn about the big five of Emilian cuisine, all marked with Denomination of Protected Origin and used by the top-notch chefs worldwide. You will visit producers and taste traditional Parmigiano-Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, Balsamic Vinegar, Culatello di Zibello and Vini dei Colli di Parma. Join us with an empty stomach and get ready to enjoy the best of Italian cuisine!
Why you will love
- Private group with local expert guide
- Visits and tastings at Parmigiano and Prosciutto producers
- Stunning panoramic views
- Full lunch with traditional products from the area and wine pairing
- Visit and tastings at a traditional producer of Balsamic Vinegar
- Guided visit and tastings at Culatello di Zibello producer
Meet our guide in Parma and head on to visit an authentic producer of Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO (Protected Designation of Origin).
Discover how Parmigiano Reggiano, the King of all cheeses, has been made by hand in the same way since the Benedictine monks invented it 10 centuries ago!
You will be a privileged witness to the process of making this prestigious cheese, starting from the curdling stage to the copper heaters, then from salting to the final aging process in the so-called wheel cathedrals. Tasting at the end.
Picture break at the medieval fortified village of Torrechiara dominated by its breathtaking castle. Considered one of the most spectacular among the Castles of the Duchy.
Next, visit a family-run producer to learn and taste the famous Prosciutto di Parma PDO. You will get to know why the hills of Parma produce one of the finest hams in the world, the region where the wind blows from the Ligurian Sea through the so-called Food Valley of Italy.
Enjoy a full lunch made with typical products of the territory. Prosciutto and other local cold cuts, a typical stuffed pasta dish (Tortelli di Parma), and homemade cakes. All paired up with the best glasses of sparkling white Malvasia and red Rosso dei Colli!
Transfer to the province of Reggio/Emilia for a guided visit and tasting at a family-owned production of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO.
Head on to the lowlands of Parma to end the tour with a special visit.
Guided visit to a family-run producer of Culatello di Zibello PDO. Their artisanal production is housed in the ancient cellars of a medieval castle together with a farm-to-table Michelin starred restaurant and a country-chic Relais.
Final tasting of a unique pork cured meat paired with a glass of local wine Fortana.
- Private licensed expert guide
- Guided visit and tasting at a Parmigiano-Reggiano producer
- Picture stop at the Castle of Torrechiara
- Guided visit and tasting at a Prosciutto di Parma producer
- Full lunch with local and traditional products
- Guided visit and tasting at a traditional producer of Balsamic Vinegar
- Guided visit and tasting at a Culatello di Zibello producer
- Personal consumption
Meeting Point: Pick up from your hotel/train station (if car + driver selected);Safe point at motorway exit Parma centro (if self-drive)
- Departures from: Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna , Milano
- Pick-ups: If you choose the car+driver option the price is calculated considering a pickup from Parma or immediate surroundings (max 15 Km)
- Drivers: The drivers are not driver-guides
- Guide: the guide joins you onboard the car+driver grade and always according to the Covid-regulations valid at the moment of booking. In case you choose the own-car grade, the guide drives his/her own vehicle and you just follow with yours (with our itinerary instructions as an emergency measure)
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
No fee for cancellations up to 8 days before the tour;
From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty;
48 hours' notice: 70% penalty;
24 hours' notice: 100% penalty.
See what other travelers are saying about it