About the Experience
Ever dreamt of spending a full day exploring the Italian Food Valley with an expert guide and fresh, delicious foods all around you? Well, here you can!
Why you will love
- Private group with local expert guide
- Visits and tastings at Parmigiano and Prosciutto producers
- Stunning panoramic views
- Full lunch with traditional products from the area
- Visit and tastings at a traditional producer of Balsamic Vinegar
Meet our guide in Parma and head on to visit an authentic producer of Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO (Protected Designation of Origin).
Discover how Parmigiano Reggiano, the King of all cheeses, has been made by hand in the same way since the Benedictine monks invented it 10 centuries ago!
You will be a privileged witness to the process of making this prestigious cheese, starting from the curdling stage to the copper heaters, then from salting to the final aging process in the so-called wheel cathedrals. Tasting at the end.
Picture break at the medieval fortified village of Torrechiara dominated by its breathtaking castle. Considered one of the most spectacular among the Castles of the Duchy.
Next, visit a family-run producer to learn and taste the famous Prosciutto di Parma PDO. You will get to know why the hills of Parma produce one of the finest hams in the world, the region where the wind blows from the Ligurian Sea through the so-called Food Valley of Italy.
Before the next visit, you will be invited to a full lunch made with typical products of the territory. Prosciutto and other local cold cuts, a typical stuffed pasta dish (Tortelli di Parma), and homemade cakes. All paired up with local wines like Lambrusco and Malvasia!
Transfer to the province of Reggio/Emilia (own car/driver) to end with an excited guided visit and tasting at a family-owned production of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO.
- Private licensed expert guide
- Guided visit and tasting at a Parmigiano-Reggiano producer
- Picture stop at the Castle of Torrechiara
- Guided visit and tasting at a Prosciutto di Parma producer
- Full lunch with local and traditional products
- Guided visit and tasting at a traditional producer of Balsamic Vinegar
- Personal consumption
Meeting Point: Pick up from your hotel/train station (if car + driver selected);Safe point at motorway exit Parma centro (if self-drive)
- Departures from: Bologna , Como , Firenze, Milano , Modena , Parma , Piacenza , Reggio Emilia , Verona, Forte dei Marmi
- Pick-ups: If you choose the car+driver option the price is calculated considering a pickup from Parma or immediate surroundings (max 15 Km). Drivers: The drivers are not driver-guides
- Guide: the guide joins you onboard the car+driver grade and always according to the Covid-regulations valid at the moment of booking. In case you choose the own-car grade, the guide drives his/her own vehicle and you just follow with yours (with our itinerary instructions as an emergency measure)
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
No fee for cancellations up to 8 days before the tour;
From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty;
48 hours' notice: 70% penalty;
24 hours' notice: 100% penalty.
See what other travelers are saying about it