About the Experience
There is no better way to see Athens than by eating your way around it. On this food tour in Athens, you'll be able to taste 15 different types of Greek cuisine while you stroll through Athens' non-touristy areas. You will meet local vendors and learn more about traditional Greek dishes. Your taste buds will be tingling from crunchy phyllo pie to cold cuts, and from stuffed tomatoes or loukoumades, there's something for everyone. Big tip: come hungry.
Why you will love
- Enjoy a variety of traditional Greek food and ancient recipes
- Explore the most popular areas of Athens
- A local expert guide will be there to assist you every step of your journey
- Fun facts about Greek history and gastronomy
Your unforgettable journey through Greece’s flavors begins at Syntagma Square, where the city’s heart beats. You will meet our food-loving guide and then head out on a city tour to discover the best of the local cuisine.
In this 4-hour food experience in Athens, your guide will give you an overview of the long-standing history and culture of Greek gastronomy.
Start your day with a traditional phyllo pastry from a family-run shop. Then, discover hidden culinary treasures in the city only known by locals. While exploring Athens Central Market, the heart of Athens’ culinary life, you will be able to visit many different pastry shops, off-the-beaten-path taverns, and traditional restaurants.
Learn why Greek food is so special, what the Greek land has to offer us, how spices can be used in many different ways and the special qualities that make Greek cuisine unique. You’ll be able to enjoy 15 mouthwatering tastings that include dolmades, pastourma, feta cheese as well as the famous Kalamata Olives.
On this Athens food tour, you won’t be limited to sampling small bites. “Athens For Foodies” is a 4-hour Greek gastronomy journey that takes you to the heart of Greece food culture. You’ll taste traditional Greek dishes and recipes, always fresh and seasonal, followed by the favorite treat of ancient Olympic Games winners!
We advise you to skip breakfast to ensure you’ll have enough space in your stomach to enjoy the entire tour!
- A 4-hour walking food tour in Athens
- All food tastings (more than enough for lunch)
- Visit the Athens Central Market
- A lot of culinary, cultural & historical insights and stories
- The service of an exceptional foodie guide
- Transfer from/to hotel
- Personal expenses
- Additional orders
Meeting Point: Syntagma Square, Plateia Syntagmatos, Athens, Greece
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- For dietary adaptations such as vegetarian diets and gluten-free diets, only available on a private tour
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
For Group Tours,
Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours or No Show will be charged in full.
For Private Tours,
Cancellation 5 or more days in advance: Full refund
Cancellation 3-4 days in advance: 50% refund
Cancellation 1-2 days in advance or No Show: No refund
See what other travelers are saying about it