About the Experience
Get a taste of Laos’ craft and culinary culture during a workshop in Luang Prabang, the short duration of which proves ideal for time-pressed travelers. As well as learning to weave bamboo into a unique souvenir, you’ll master the basics of Laotian cuisine during a cooking class, which uses bamboo as the main ingredient.
Why you will love
- Combine Laotian cuisine with crafts during a workshop
- A hands-on experience that’s perfect for families
- Discover ingredients and dishes that you may never have heard of
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off are included
The Bamboo Experience, a rustic pavillion modelled on a traditional Lao house, perched in a picturesque setting next to rice fields.
- An introduction to the importance of bamboo to Lao culture and to the use of bamboo in a diverse range of household items found in rural Lao dwellings.
- A relaxing bamboo weaving activity, where you’ll weave a souvenir mat made from strips of the bamboo plant, using a technique which has been practises for centuries.
- A fun, interactive cooking class, using the bamboo plant as a key ingredient; make dishes such as bamboo shoot soup, bamboo shoot steamed in banana leaf, and bamboo shoot dip and more.
- A delicious meal (made by you), and photo opportunities of semi-rural Laos, from the relaxing pavilion terrace.
Ock Pop Tok Living Crafts Centre, 125/10 Ban Saylom, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
Bamboo themed set menu:
- Bamboo soup
- Stuffed bamboo shoot with minced pork
- Fish wrap in banana leaf
- Stir-fried bamboo shoot with minced pork
- Round transfers
- Alcoholic Beverages
Meeting Point: All details will be informed in the booking confirmation email.
This activity is promoted under an affiliate program. By proceeding with the booking you will be redirected to the page as per their terms.
More information: Food’n Road – Terms & Policies.