Athens by Night Food Tour and Wine Tasting
- Athens, Greece
About the Experience
Start your tour meeting our foodie expert guide at Syntagma Square, the heartbeat of Athens. This unique evening will take you right into the culture, nightlife, and gastronomy of Greece.
After admiring the illuminated Greek Parliament, take a scenic walk to reach your first food stop. A deli shop that offers unique products and recipes where you can enjoy traditional Greek flavors.
Enjoy a variety of “meze,” the Greek term for delicious appetizers, including velvety fava and hand-made phyllo pie. Learn how to drink ouzo properly, the beloved Greek spirit meant to be paired with all savory Greek dishes. This will introduce you to the extrovert spirit of the Greeks.
Next, head to Agias Irinis Square. The perfect place to meet friendly locals and enjoy the best souvlaki around. Enjoy the classic Greek street food in this Athenian neighborhood and be enchanted by the delicious aroma of fresh ingredients filling the square.
Wine is an essential part of Greek culture and gastronomy. Follow your foodie guide to a local wine bar in the picturesque neighborhood of Thission to sample 5 Greek varieties of wine under the expert guidance of a wine connoisseur.
Continue your tour to reach a neighborhood full of surprises, the Psirri. This is Athens’ hipster and alternative side. There are many small taverns and sophisticated cafes all around the main square. The final stop on your tour will be at a local sweet shop where you can enjoy a delicious, traditional dessert that will melt in your mouth.
Why you will love
- Eateries and shops favored by locals
- Traditional Greek cuisine, including meze, souvlaki, and dessert
- Fun and knowledgeable foodie guide
- Tasting of 5 Greek wine varieties and ouzo
- All Greek specialties and tastings - more than enough for dinner- including ouzo, traditional meze, souvlaki, and delicious dessert
- Services of an excellent foodie guide
- Wine tasting of 5 different Greek varieties
- A visit to three local eateries and an excellent wine bar
- Transfer from/to hotel
- Personal expenses
- Additional orders
- There is a minimum of two people for the tour to happen. If this number is not reached, you'll be notified in advance to request a full refund or schedule another day
- For dietary adaptations such as vegetarian diets and gluten-free diets, only available on a private tour
Meeting Point: Syntagma Square, Plateia Syntagmatos, Athens, Greece
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
For Group Tours,
Cancellation notice up to 48 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours or No Show will be charged in full.
For Private Tours,
Cancellation 5 or more days in advance: Full refund
Cancellation 3-4 days in advance: 50% refund
Cancellation 1-2 days in advance or No Show: No refund
See what other travelers are saying about it
- Secure Payment
Why book with us
Wine Tour | Shared
Bento Gonçalves, Brazil
from R$ 5.950
Food Tour | Private, Shared
from US$ 68
Food Tour | Private, Shared
from US$ 87