About the Experience
This exclusive truffle experience in Abruzzo will take you behind the scenes at one of the most secretive businesses around the globe. A unique truffle hunt in nature. Learn how to store, find, and eat the precious truffles of Abruzzo, just 1.5 hours from Rome.
Why you will love
- Discover the beautiful countryside of the Teramo province in Abruzzo
- Learn everything about truffles: the traditions, history, myths, and uses in the kitchen
- Become an expert in distinguishing a good truffle from a lower-quality one
- For an extra fee, you can purchase a complete meal with truffles and local drinks
After a secret drive in the countryside of the Teramo province in Abruzzo, we will meet our Truffle Hunter Expert and venture into the forest with his trained dogs.
During our hunt in the stunning countryside of the Gran Sanno & Monti della Laga’ National Park, you will learn everything about truffles: the traditions, history, myths, and uses in the kitchen.
We will also teach you how to recognize and distinguish a good truffle from other truffles of inferior quality. Depending on the season, we will find different varieties of black truffles.
You will see how Piccola and Luna, our specially trained dogs, search for precious mushrooms and learn about their training methods and how they select the best truffles.
- Authentic truffle hunt
- Walk with the dogs and the truffle hunter among nature
- Learn everything about Truffles & Truffle Hunting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (available at an extra fee)
- Truffle Lunch (available at an extra fee)
Meeting Point: Teramo 64100, Province of Teramo Italy. More information on your confirmation email
- To search for truffles in Abruzzo, you need to be fit and able to walk long distances, even under heavy rain or mud. We cannot guarantee that truffles will always be found
- It is a good idea to bring a spare pair of shoes and trousers, as we might walk in the countryside and there may be some mud. Also, dogs might jump on you to play
- White truffle hunts are available between 15 October and 15 of January for an extra fee
- Travel needs can be accommodated for an extra fee directly with the operator
- Extra: You can opt for the ‘BellaVita’ Special Menu’ that includes a 7-courses Truffle Lunch with 3 antipasti; 1 antipasto ‘BellaVita’; 1 Primo (pasta); 1 Secondo (meat/vegi); 1 Dessert. Local drinks and coffee. Organic local Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo wine (extra: possibility to visit the winery before or after the hunt); Espresso coffee; Traditional digestive, and water.
This booking is made under Food’n Road – Terms & Policies. The contract for the purchase is between you and the supplier as per their cancellation terms described below:
Cancellation notice up to 24 hours in advance will be entitled to a full refund;
Customers who fail to show up without prior notice will be charged in full.
See what other travelers are saying about it