Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
Treat yourself to an engaging virgin coconut oil cooking class, where you’ll learn about exotic Bali coconut, ingredients, spices, and herbs. Your professional guide will teach you how to make delicious Balinese-style green curry in all its unique flavors and aromas.
First, visit a local market to buy all the ingredients you’ll need for the day. Learn about the various type of coconuts that grow in Bali and their significance in Balinese daily life. Then, hear about the process of making virgin coconut oil. Aside from learning how to make this oil, the experience is combined with a lesson on cooking Balinese green curry.
The cooking class will be conducted in a relaxed and informal manner. Enjoy fresh, natural, and healthy food, without MSG and made using natural, locally-sourced products. The class ends by providing you with the chance to taste the delicious green curry you made. Take a part of Bali back with you with a new skill under your belt: great master of virgin coconut oil and green curry.
Why you will love it
- Discover Bali’s unique culinary heritage and traditional cooking practices with an exciting class
- Visit a traditional Bali market and check out the fresh produce
- Learn how to make authentic virgin coconut oil and healthy Bali green curry
- Cook inside the house of a professional Bali chef, who will provide detailed, step-by-step instructions
What to Expect
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from hotels in the Ubud area only)
- Local market tour
- Hands-on cooking class
- Recipe book
- Bottle of water
- Meal that you cooked in the class