Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
The Educational Wine Tour & Tasting “Vine, Wine and Life” starts with a visit to organic vineyards where you’ll go through all the main steps of the agronomic, phenolic and organic cycle, in order to understand the complexity of the “vineyard” ecosystem and of agriculture with low environmental impact.
In the historical cellar, you’ll discover the chemical-physical and microbiological processes that make a quality production. You will taste the wines in a sensorial tasting room to grasp the organoleptic complexity and have a better understanding of them. The visit will end up with a light-lunch to experience the emotions the right combination of food/wine can offer your palate and spirit.
All the different chapters will be discussed directly in the vineyards, cellar and tasting room in a very simple way, in order to easily understand even the most apparently complicated concepts.
Why you will love it
- Discover the organic winery in the gorgeous Tuscan hills, 2 kilometers from the center of Siena
- Visit the vineyards and learn about the agronomic cycle of the organic grapes
- Learn the concepts for quality organic winemaking in a cellar
- Enjoy the sensorial wine tasting and sample 4 the organic wines
- Enjoy a light lunch combining wine and local fresh food
What to Expect
- Guided visit to the organic vineyards
- Guided visit to the cellars where the wines are produced and developed
- Sensory wine tasting of 4 of our organic wines, all typical of the area
- Light lunch with fresh seasonal Tuscan specialities