Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
Enjoy the flavors of the Portuguese cuisine in Lisbon’s traditional places. The guide will give you lots of insider tips for wine, petiscos, food, fado and good company. Just bring your appetite! Find out about Lisbon’s great cafés, such as the 18th-century café Nicola (this café was opened in 1787 by an Italian man, one of Lisbon’s most literary cafés and a place for tertúlias) and discover where you can find another coffee landmark in the city. You will know more about Portugal’s strong café-culture.
Try the famous Portuguese codfish cake with a glass of refreshing green wine. Learn about the historical centre of the city, also the centre for the nightlife, full of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Take a look at all the delicious and exotic products on display at an old gourmet shop, from dried, salted Bacalhau – now one of Portugal´s most traditional dishes – to the sausages, hams and cheeses, and learn all their secrets.
Learn the history of Port, Portugal’s famous fortified wine, and then try it with the delicious São Jorge Cheese. Visit one of the most famous Tascas in Lisbon, where you will taste a typical Bifana (pork sandwich) watered down with a cold draft beer. Learn the history of Ginjinha, the favourite liqueur of many Portuguese, considered the drink of Lisbon, and try it in the first place that started to sell it in 1840. Learn tricks to climb the hills of Lisbon and enjoy one of the most fantastic views of the city, while your guide will explain what food to try and what restaurants to visit in each of the neighbourhoods.
Finish your tour in style, in a true local venue, with Chouriço, Portuguese bread and other local products served with a glass of delicious red wine.
Why you will love it
- Discover the culinary history of Portugal on a guided walking tour
- Learn about Lisbon’s café culture at Café Nicola
- Shop for specialty fish, hams, cheeses, and more at Manteigaria Silva
- Sip Port as you taste São Jorge Cheese
- Try a typical Portuguese Cherry Brandy (Ginjinha)
- Taste Codfish cake & green wine
- Visit Casa do Alentejo and finish with a tasting of “petiscos,” or tapas
What to Expect
- Tour Guide
- Gourmet walking tour
- Codfish cake and green wine
- Tapas and white wine
- Port wine, marmalade, and cheese
- Ginjinha Liquor
- Bread, chouriço, and red wine