Image credit and detailed information from Viator.
A tuk-tuk will pick you up from your hotel, right after breakfast, and transfer to one of the leading cooking schools in Luang Prabang for a taste of Lao cooking. After an introduction from the chef, you will visit the local fresh food market, to learn about the local ingredients and fresh produce grown in the area. Your chef of the morning will explain carefully where to look for when picking the elements for a good Lao dish. Return to the restaurant to begin your cooking adventure, which will become your lunch in the end. Not only the use of spices and herbs are explained, but also how to cut and prepare the different ingredients spices and vegetables are part of this course. Each participant will be assigned to its cooking station, complete with all the tools one need to get chopping, cutting and cooking.
Duration: 1 hour
Admission Ticket Free
Bamboo Tree Restaurant and Cooking School
During these morning hours, the culinary team will also teach you the history of Lao cooking and its influence from the neighbouring countries. Then feast on a delicious lunch of the exotic dishes which you have prepared together; the latter is always a special moment with your classmates. The cooking school we’ve chosen for this excursion has been based on excellent reviews from customers as well being founded on the meticulous cooking skills of one of Luang Prabang’s finest chefs around. An informal meeting of passionate Laotian food-minds and those keen for a deep-dive in its very palatable selection of local deliciousness comes to an end with showcasing, and tasting, your final result. After your own cooked lunch, a tuk-tuk will bring you back to your hotel, where you will arrive at around 3 pm.
Duration: 5 hours
Admission Ticket Included
Why you will love it
- Be guided by an expert in the art of Laotian cuisine
- Learn about the history of the country’s dishes
- Visit a local market for sourcing local ingredients
- Try out your own dish at the end of the course
What to Expect
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joint tuk-tuk transfers with a professional driver
- Use of a cooking station, complete with all utensils, ingredients, and recipes
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at the cooking school is included (food only)