Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
Admire the beauty of the Douro Valley on a full-day tour from Porto. Travelling by air-conditioned vehicle, enjoy views of the picturesque landscapes. Visit 2 Douro Valley wine estates. Learn about the production of port wine, walk through the vineyards and later taste the wines. Continue to the village of Pinhão, where you’ll stop for lunch at a local restaurant with traditional Portuguese food and DOC Douro wine. At the 18th-century railway station in Pinhão, marvel at the Portuguese tiles that depict the beauty of the Douro Valley. Take a 1-hour river cruise on a typical Rabelo boat used in the past to transport wine along the river.
Why you will love it
- Visit 2 wineries and enjoy 8 different wine tastings
- Enjoy a typical Portuguese lunch with DOC Douro wine
- Take a 1-hour river cruise in the heart of the Douro Valley
What to Expect
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Small-group tour up to 8 people
- Expert tour guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Local olive oil tasting
- Visit to 2 wineries with 8 wine tastings (port wine and DOC Douro table wine)
- Lunch of typical Portuguese food
- 1-hour river cruise in the heart of the Douro Valley
- Bottled water