Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
Take a scenic drive to the beautiful wine region of Saint-Emilion, departing from Bordeaux at 13h45, visit a charming family-run wine estate on the right bank of the Dordogne River. Experience the intimacy of the private chateau as you tour the traditional vat room and cellar. Then, learn the steps of proper wine tasting at a tasting class. Train your nose to identify wine aromas before enjoying some fine wines.
Next, go to a “Great Classified Growth” (Grand Cru) wine estate overlooking the picturesque Saint-Emilion vineyards. Get explanations about the wine-making process, and journey from the vine to the bottle. Reward yourself with an aperitif served with some quality fresh bread and cheese. Then, take a guided tour of the medieval village of Saint-Emilion in the early evening, and discover why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Bordeaux for a drop off at the end of the tour services.
Why you will love it
- Visit 2 beautiful châteaux on the right bank of the Dordogne River
- Taste 4 quality wines of Saint-Emilion
- Learn about the wine-making process at a tasting class
- Enjoy a delicious aperitif served with traditional French produce
- Explore the medieval village of Saint-Emilion
What to Expect
- Entrance fees to 2 châteaux
- 4 wine tastings
- Transportation by minivan
- French appetizer platter