Image credit and detailed information from Viator.
The Bamboo Experience, a rustic pavillion modelled on a traditional Lao house, perched in a picturesque setting next to rice fields.
- An introduction to the importance of bamboo to Lao culture and to the use of bamboo in a diverse range of household items found in rural Lao dwellings.
- A relaxing bamboo weaving activity, where you’ll weave a souvenir mat made from strips of the bamboo plant, using a technique which has been practises for centuries.
- A fun, interactive cooking class, using the bamboo plant as a key ingredient; make dishes such as bamboo shoot soup, bamboo shoot steamed in banana leaf, and bamboo shoot dip and more.
- A delicious meal (made by you), and photo opportunities of semi-rural Laos, from the relaxing pavilion terrace.
- Ock Pop Tok Living Crafts Centre, 125/10 Ban Saylom, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
Bamboo themed set menu:
- Bamboo soup
- Stuffed bamboo shoot with minced pork
- Fish wrap in banana leaf
- Stir-fried bamboo shoot with minced pork
Why you will love it
- Combine Laotian cuisine with crafts during a workshop
- A hands-on experience that’s perfect for families
- Discover ingredients and dishes that you may never have heard of
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off are included
What to Expect