Image credit and detailed information from GetYourGuide.
Meet your wine educator. Take part in a casual wine tasting class and significantly improve your skills in tasting and comparing fine French wines. To start you off on this 2-hour activity, you’ll enjoy a welcoming glass of white wine and a glass of red wine. Learn to break the code of wine tasting by using their color, aroma, and taste.
Then you’ll take a tour of France through its wines. Taste 4 wines from the 4 main wine regions of France, discovering their diversity and hearing about the concepts of ‘terroir’ and ‘appellation’. Afterwards, your wine educator will conduct a blending workshop. Bordeaux wines are blends made from various types of grapes, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and others.
Taste each type separately and create your very own ‘cuvée’ from the varieties that you have preferred. At the end of the class, you’ll have a chance to enjoy your wines with traditional French delicacies followed by a casual & chic lunch. After lunch, enjoy a scenic drive to the beautiful Saint Emilion region, kicking off your tour with a visit to an authentic and charming family-run estate along the right bank.
Feel the intimacy of the private chateau as you tour the traditional vat room and cellar of this intimate estate, and then delight in a tasting class, learning the steps of wine tasting and educating your nose to identify wine aromas. At the end of the visit, you will enjoy some of their wines, and then make your way to the Great Classified Growth estate overlooking the Saint Emilion vineyards.
There, you will enjoy explanations about the winemaking process, from the vine to the bottle, and then reward yourself with an aperitif accompanied by some French delicacies, such as fresh bread and cheese. In the early evening, enjoy a guided tour of the village of Saint Emilion, classified on UNESCO’s World Heritage list.
Why you will love it
- Taste 8 quality French wines, create your own Cuvée
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with Bordeaux wines
- Visit two gorgeous chateaux on the right bank
- Taste 4 different local wines
- Learn about the wine process during the tasting class
- Enjoy a delicious aperitif with traditional French products
- Visit the medieval village of Saint-Emilion
What to Expect
- 12 wine tastings
- French apéritif
- Lunch at Bordovino’s Apartment
- Two Chateau entrance fees
- Visit of the medieval village of St-Emilion, Unesco Classified in 1999
- Transportation in minivan
- Professional and friendly guide