Image credit and detailed information from Viator.
Meet your chef in the morning at a central location in Luang Prabang and walk past World Heritage-listed buildings and temples en route to the local farmers market. On a private or small-group tour of the market, your guide helps you select fresh ingredients, produce, and meat to prepare a delectable meal.
After an hour or so, indulge your appetite with a provided breakfast at the Governor’s Grill, a tented restaurant located at the Hotel Sofitel, a boutique accommodation originally built as the French governor’s residence in the early 1900s. Your 2-hour cooking class takes place here under the guidance of the chef. Learn to prepare a 4-course lunch of traditional Lao and Luang Prabang dishes via hands-on experience.
At midday, relax while eating your creations in an idyllic setting overlooking the lush gardens. The recipe book is yours to take home. Bon appetit!
Why you will love it
- 4-hour market tour and cooking class in Luang Prabang
- Shop for ingredients at a traditional Lao food market
- Create an array of delicious Lao dishes and take the recipes home with you
- Enjoy a 4-course home-cooked lunch, including dessert
- Pick up expert tips and techniques from a professional chef
- Hotel pickup and drop-off can be arranged
- Private or small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
What to Expect
- Market tour and cooking class
- Experienced guide and instructor
- Bottled water
- USB Drive with Recipes
- Air-conditioned vehicle